ITB Berlin Media Registration
Online accreditation for media and blogger for ITB Berlin 2019 will be available as of November 2018.
Please observe the accreditation guidelines.
After your application has been processed and approved you will receive an email with your press pass attached in a PDF file which you can print out yourself (in colour or black and white).
If at all possible please make use of the online accreditation facility, as this avoids long waiting times at the show.
Accreditation guidelines of Messe Berlin
In the course of providing accreditation for journalists Messe Berlin shall be entitled to demand evidence of journalistic activities.
The presentation of a press pass can serve to indicate that journalism is the holder's main professional activity.
In each case Messe Berlin reserves the right to demand to see examples of actual, current published items.
A simple way of obtaining accreditation is through the automatic submission or presentation of supporting documentation relating to trade fairs. This is particularly applicable to freelance journalists. Confirmation provided by an editorial department will only be accepted in exceptional cases.
The submission of articles with no relevance to a trade fair may lead to the refusal to grant accreditation, and should therefore be accompanied by an adequate explanation of their relevance.
Press Accreditation will NOT be granted to:
- Publishers, Authors, General Managers, Account Representatives, Sales Executives, Marketing and Advertising Sales Staff, Engineers, Public Relations Reps (if they are not officially working for an exhibitor), Industry Analysts, etc.
- Anyone whose principal purpose for attending ITB Berlin is, in our judgment, for reasons other than editorial coverage
Media accreditation is reserved for working members of the media only. This includes Editors, Reporters, Producers, Camera Crews, Photographers. We reserve the right to modify this policy without public notice and to revoke previously issued accreditation/registration at any time.
A history of being registered at previous ITB Berlin events does not guarantee approval or waive the accreditation requirement. Misconduct or misrepresentation of position and/or publication/news organization will bar you and your organization from all future ITB Berlin events.
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter sites, Forums, Video Productions (if they are not officially working for an exhibitor) and Communities will not be considered for media accreditation.
Press spokespersons and PR agencies: We only grant accreditation to representatives of PR agencies who are speaking on behalf of an exhibitor at ITB Berlin or are acting as senior consultants for such exhibitors. The following restrictions also apply: There may be no more than two press spokespersons for each exhibitor or two PR agency staff acting as spokespersons on behalf of an exhibiting company. Please send us an official letter of authorization from the exhibitor, confirming your PR activities at ITB Berlin
Messe Berlin reserves the right to refuse to grant accreditation, without stating any reasons.
Accreditation of Bloggers
Note to bloggers:
- In order to obtain accreditation your blog must be relevant to ITB Berlin. Blogs focusing on non travel-related subjects will not be taken into account.
- The blog in question must already be in existence for six months and the blogger applying for accreditation must have made regular and relevant contributions. In order to obtain accreditation the visibility of a blog must be high, it must be topical and a reach of at least 4,000 visitors per month is required.
- The application must include corresponding proof and statistics, to be uploaded as a ’Media Kit’ in the form of a PDF file. Independent software such as Google Analytics or Statify should be used to supply a screenshot of the relevant data (unique visitors, page impressions and duration of visits, in each case covering the last three months).
- Only persons taking editorial responsibility for a blog may obtain accreditation. We reserve the right to set a maximum number of persons we shall accept per blog.
- Only blogs that do no promote sales will be accepted.
Upon receiving accreditation the holder will be granted admission to ITB Berlin and the ITB Berlin Convention free of charge. Accreditation does not automatically include registration for the Blogger Speed Dating event.
Please note: During ITB Berlin bloggers will not be able to obtain accreditation at the press counters at the show.